What do they look like and where do they live?
- Notoedric mange mites are eight-legged parasites, they spend their whole life on the host
- Infection with these mites is known as mange, or in people it is called scabies
How can my pet contract Notoedres?
- The notoedric mange mite is contracted via direct contact with an infected cat
- Notoedric mange mites are extremely contagious
How will this parasite affect my pet?
- They can cause severe irritation, itching, redness, and skin disease
- They often affect areas such as the head, ears and neck, infection can spread from these areas over the whole body
- First visible signs may be scaling and wrinkling of the skin
- They can cause severe itching, scratching, hair loss and skin disease
- They can lead to bacterial infections
Can this parasite affect my health?
Mites can transfer from cats to humans if there is close contact. They can burrow in human skin