What do they look like and where do they live?
- Ear mites are eight-legged parasites which can infect cats and dogs
- They do not burrow into skin, but live on the surface of the skin in the outer ear canal
How can my pet contract Ear Mites?
- The mites are highly contagious and can pass easily from one infected pet to another with direct contact
- Constant re-infestation can be a problem
How will this parasite affect my pet?
- Cats may carry ear mites without showing signs, but signs can flare up
- Young animals are most susceptible to infestation but all ages can be affected
Can this parasite affect my health?
It is an extremely rare occurrence for this parasite to affect humans